How To Clean Your Andersen Windows
Tuesday, April 2, 2013
Like all household windows, Anderson tilt windows need washing from time to time, both inside and outside. Whether you use commercial window cleaner or a homemade product, you can wash Andersen windows without ever going outside. This means that you no longer need garden hoses or other instruments to clean the outside of your windows.
Things you'll need:
- Window Cleaner
- Paper towels or cleaning rags
- Raise the lower window by 3 inches.
Locate the "washer assist" latches on the top of the lower sash.
Slide the latches toward the center of the window and gently tilt the window toward yourself.
Position a chair beneath the window to hold it securely in place as you wash the outside of the lower window, using window cleaner and paper towels. Clean the trim of the window with damp or wet paper towels.
Raise the window and lock it into place using the "cleaning assists" by sliding them back into the original position. On some models, the assists will lock into place simply by positioning the window back to normal and pressing on the sash.
- Lower the upper window by 3 inches.
- Slide the "cleaning assists" toward the center of the window.
- Tilt the window outward and hold securely in place. If the chair has a high enough back, you can position the window on the chair back for stability.
Wash the outside of the window and trim. Raise the window back into place.
- Secure the window in place and raise the window upward to its normal position.
Cleaning the Inside Windows:
- Place both sashes of the window into the normal closed position.
Wash the windows using window cleaner, using paper towels to dry and remove streaks.
Wipe the sash and trim with damp paper towels to remove dust and debris.
Call us here at JFK Window and Door at 513.851.1000 for a free estimate on your next window or door replacement project.